• Basic Curry
Sauce or 450gm Jar of Curry Sauce
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 medium sized onions, roughly chopped
• 400gm Can Chick Peas
• 300gmSpinach chopped
• 1 teaspoons chilli powder
• 1 teaspoons turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon tomato puree
• 1 teaspoon garam masala
• handful chopped coriander
• Salt to taste
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or balti pan over high heat.
2. Add the chopped onion. Stir fry until the onion is translucent. Do not
allow to brown. Add the paprika, turmeric and cinnamon. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add the beans to the wok. Mix in the curry sauce. Add tomato puree and
4. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes or until
the vegetables are cooked. (Approximately 15 min in, stir in the spinach and
garam masala.) Sprinkle (hot) water if the sauce is becoming too thick.
5. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander before serving.