Fruit in Season
Recipes for April
Recipe of the
Month - Rhubarb Crumble
180gm plain flour
2 tbsp water
50gm caster sugar
50gm soft brown or demerara sugar
110g/4oz butter, softened
1 tsp ground ginger
custard, double cream or ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Wash the rhubarb and cut into small chunks.
3. Rub the butter into the flour, brown sugar and ginger to make the crumble
4. Load the rhubarb into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the caster sugar over
the fruit and a tiny dash of water.
5. Pile the crumble mixture over the fruit, smoothing over to make a flat
surface without pressing down too hard. Sprinkle a few extra oats on the top.
6.Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, or until the crumble topping is
crisp and golden-brown and the rhubarb filling has softened and is bubbling.
7.Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Vegetables in Season
Early Salad Crops